DVD stuck in MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stevo8, Mar 30, 2009.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I have a old 2.0GHz MBP and theres a dvd in it that it wont recognize or eject. What do I do? Its rented :confused:

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Restart the computer, then try pressing the eject key while it boots up. Flip the laptop and face the DVD drive towards the ground if that helps :p

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hold the mouse button on startup.

4. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Touche. Forgot about that.

5. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

both failed :(

the disc is spinning inside there but it doesnt register that theres anything in the computer :(

6. SecondDealer macrumors regular

I've experienced similar problems with my MBP in the past but I am usually able to solve them by restarting my computer and then pressing the eject button. If that fails, attempt to put another disk into the slot to wake up your computers sensors and then re-attempt to eject the trapped disk.

7. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

tried both those things.. The disk inside is spinning and just rubs against whatever I try and put in there and holding eject does nothing regardless if I start it holding it, restart, or any combination with the eject or mouse button.

8. jmaquarry macrumors member

Disk Utility

Have you tried opening disk utility, and seeing if it is recognized there? if so you can eject it using the option at the top of the window -

9. tayaub macrumors newbie