DVD stuck!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seabreeze02, Dec 3, 2012.

1. seabreeze02 macrumors newbie

I just got my new (used) macbook today. Got a refurbished one. Works great until I popped in a DVD to hook up printer. It was tight going in but it did and worked. Got printer working with it and went to pop it out and it won't come out. Makes a noise as if it's trying but refuses. Any ideas?? I'm sure I'll just have to send it back - which will be a PAIN in the a#$ but what else can I do. Taking a closer look at the computer itself.... the side by the DVD slot, top of keyboard, it's sticking up a little. Not sure if that is from the DVD that is inside or not. Didn't look til now.

2. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Sounds like a faulty drive to me. If the unit has warrant, best bet is to send it back. Nothing should be sticking out.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Take it back...Before more damage is done...You have warranty, and this is not a user repairable fault ( unless you are without cover )

I have noticed that some DVD's are thicker than others...This might be a cause, out of interest, could you not have just attached the printer and downloaded OSX drivers? Most printers have support these day's.

Apple will swap it out or repair it for you free of charge.

4. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Just FYI when you hook up a printer to a MacBook, OS X automatically downloads the printer drivers automatically ;)

If you can't send the computer back, take it to your local Apple store for a genius to help you

5. seabreeze02 thread starter macrumors newbie

They said I can send it back for a replacement. I got it working. There was a sliver of extra rubber, making it a very tight fit and that was the cause of not allowing the DVD to eject. I pulled on it and it just peeled off and now it works. So, I'm wondering they just put too much or too thick of "stuff" inside. I might just take it to the mac shop here and see what they think. So they can see it in person. I hate getting a new toy and then end up sending it back and waiting another 2-3 weeks. But if I need to... I will.