DVD Studio Pro 4 Discs won't duplicate in my duplicator...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GarthAlgar, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GarthAlgar macrumors member

GarthAlgar

I did a quick search, and was unable to find an answer to this annoying little problem...

My work recently upgraded to Final Cut Studio 2. And, for some reason ever disc we burn using DVD Studio Pro 4 won't duplicate in our Discmakers reflex pro 7 DVD duplicator. The discs play fine in every DVD player...they just won't duplicate...

I've tried a couple of things in DVD Studio Pro 4 (such as making sure the "allow duplication" box is checked), but for some reason, I still run into the same issue. To make matters more annoying, discs burnt with our old G5 that is still running Final Cut Studio 1 duplicate just fine.

Anybody else run into this problem? Is there some setting that I should be changing in DVD Studio Pro? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. beyongolia macrumors newbie

Same 'DVD not duplicating' issue

i have just been experiencing the same problem. After upgrading our machines to Final Cut 6 and Leopard we now cannot duplicate on our duplicating machine. We are able to do so with DVD's burnt in DVD Studio Pro on an old Imac but not when burnt on the macbook pro and we've checked disks and everything. We know it has something to do with Final Cut 6 and or Leopard as we've installed an exact same setup on another macbook pro and get the same result. The DVD duplicator throws up an error when it reads the master.

Any progress reached or input would be appreciated.

:)

3. bme2 macrumors newbie

Duplicating discs created in DVD Studio 4

Not sure if either of you already have an answer, but just in case, this is how I resolved the same problem.

In DVD Studio 4 under the Build & Format, select Hard Drive as your output device under Destination. This will create a disk image.

After that is completed, open Disk Utility, and you’ll see the disk image in the left column. Select it and then select Burn. That will burn a dvd than can be duplicated in a duplicator.