Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenrieck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
When I click DVD Studio Pro - Preferences, the Preferences pane does not come up.

When I use command + , the Preferences option flickers but the pane does not appear anywhere. I cannot find it hidden behind anything.

I have only used DVD Studio Pro a few times. I am still going through the video tutorials on VTC. I have used the preferences window before and it appeared with no problem.

I have completely closed DVD Studio Pro and restarted my Mac twice. I left it off over the weekend.

Please help me get to the Preferences. My 2 hour video, which has audio, subtitles and a menu does not fit on my DVD, so I think I need to change the bit rate and try to build and burn it again.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you tried deleting "com.apple.DVDStudioPro.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet? It might have a different name, but DVDStudioPro and .plist should be in its name.

jenrieck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
Unable to find "com.apple.DVDStudioPro.plist"

Have you tried deleting "com.apple.DVDStudioPro.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet? It might have a different name, but DVDStudioPro and .plist should be in its name.

I searched for 'com.apple.DVDStudioPro.plist' but I cannot find it. It is not in Preferences. I am the only person who uses this machine. There are guest and Admin accounts but no one has used those accounts to run DVD Studio Pro.

Alphabetically, the list of files in preferences goes from com.apple.driver.appelrcontroller.plist.lockfile
to com.apple.findmymac.plist.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I searched for 'com.apple.DVDStudioPro.plist' but I cannot find it. It is not in Preferences. I am the only person who uses this machine. There are guest and Admin accounts but no one has used those accounts to run DVD Studio Pro.

Alphabetically, the list of files in preferences goes from com.apple.driver.appelrcontroller.plist.lockfile
to com.apple.findmymac.plist.

Then go to the Library folder (Finder > Menu Bar > Go (press Option key) > Library and do a search for "DVD"using File Name as constraint and including System Files.

To find system files via Finder, that can't be found via Spotlight:

There is a PLIST file of DVDSP in there, but since I have DVDSP currently not installed, I cannot tell you its exact name.

jenrieck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
Resolved by deleting "com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist"

Thank you! I did not know my system files were hidden or how to view them on a mac. I watched the video on how to view system files, located "com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist" and deleted it.

Now the preferences pane pops up as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.