Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcartwright93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
I have been working on a DVD menu in DVD Studio Pro. Every time I quit the project and open it up again it gives me the message that the document could not be opened. I have version 4.1.2. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.6. I have tried using DiskWarrior and reinstalling DVD Studio Pro. I have tried deleting the preferences but for some reasons when I go to harddrive then to Library, then to preferences there is no DVD studio pro preferences. The menu is pretty complex is includes Play, Producer's notes, Chapters, and Crew. Crew has 9 different menus. If there is anybody that knows how to fix this problem please reply. I don't want to do just do it all in one sitting which takes 3 hours. Thank you.

VideoCave

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
OC
RE DSP wont open

I my self dont have an answer why it won't open. All I can think of is the menus might be to heavy in native content and layers of stuff. But I can offer you this.

Don't actually design and build your menus in DSP using the native images and text tools. Everything will look pixelated and very bad.

What you should do is design the menu backgrounds in photoshop. It has video template presets to start from.

Or even better and this is how I do it is use either Motion or After Effects. Because by using either of these apps you are starting with correct video display settings. And will export with out any problems as well. No matter if its a still image or flattened QT with motion.

So design everything how you want images, button text placement etc...
Then export and place either that flatten still image or QT in your DSP document in a menu icon as the background.

Now to get the buttons to work you find a style you like in the button preset template tab drag it to your menu. This will create a clickable area for you to use and create your buttons to jump to chapter markers. But instead of actually entering somekind of text, place the button over where you have already designed text to be in the background image/video and just hit the spacebar to put an invisible character in there so there is something to click.

This way everything will as clean and sharp as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.