DVD Studio Pro, DVD-9: Break Point

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by arjen92, Sep 3, 2010.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Hey,

I filmed a wedding, the entire day. So now I've finished editing, and it's quite a lot (3 hours of footage). So obviously I want to burn this onto a dual layer DVD (DVD-9). I'm using DVD Studio Pro.

I'm made several tracks for different parts of the day (church, reception, dinner etc). The biggest file (on it's own) is the church. The length is 90 minutes.

Because it's a DVD-9 there has to be breaking point, so I figured I would put everything on the first layer and the church on the second layer. I think it will be filled properly this way and I read DVD Studio Pro requires the second layer to be smaller, I think this will be.

Ok, long introduction, here the problem: I want the church track on the second layer, and the rest of the tracks on the first layer. But the church track isn't the last track. After it comes the reception track. So is it possible to put these two tracks on different layers, reception on the first and church on the second, but switching the order, first the church then the reception.

I know how to make one track to the other, so that would be what I would do (just put the "end jump" to the next track).

Else there will have to be a break (where the laser switches layers) in the middle of the church sequence. I actually don't want that.

2. arjen92 thread starter macrumors 65816

arjen92

Does it allow to import the audio and video seperately? Cause I use Compressor which exports it. And personally I really love DVD Studio Pro's freedom. You can adjust whatever you wish.