DVD Studio Pro not accepting my assets

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Everythingisnt, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

Sorry for another thread... I guess this is going to be a loooong night for me..

Anyways... I'm trying to burn a DVD using DVD Studio Pro, and i've got my menus, buttons, themes all set up. I finally try to import my movie, using the "import asset" button, and lo and behold, DVD Studio Pro boldly tells me "Incompatible Asset", before refusing to import it.

This is puzzling. The movie I want to import is a QuickTime Movie File (.mov) encoded in H.264. It's 1440 by 1080 HD, pretty simple.

I have no trouble importing it into iDVD (except that iDVD only plays it in 4:3, basically squashing it :confused:), and this is become very frustrating. Since it's so late at night I have no access to any technical support at my workplace, and would really appreciate any help you all may have.

If anyone knows of a way to "reset" DVD studio pro, please let me know!

2. drakethedragon macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem - I'll let you know if I find a solution...

3. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

for dvd studio pro you need to have the audio and video separate. Go to compressor and convert it to one of the dvd options.

4. drakethedragon macrumors newbie

I ended up changing the codec from h.264 to Animation before creating the Quicktime in FCP and it worked straight away. It did mean a significantly larger file but as I only had 2 minutes of video for an entire DVD it didn't matter.

I have read of other people having similar problems with the h.264 codec in dvd studio pro.