DVD Studio Pro question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nickd1085, Aug 15, 2011.

1. nickd1085 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Im designing a Menu in DVDSP and a sub menu that has 4 clips. At the end of the clips, Im trying to just get it to go back to the submenu (Menu 2). I did find out how to do this but the thing Im having problems with is that when it does come back I first see the transition into Menu 2 which i dont want to see. I just want it to come back to the point where the Menu is looping.

Is that possible? I cant find anything or option to choose.

Thanks!

Nick

2. apeden macrumors member

I think you go to the tab "End Jump", by clicking on the button and then going over to the left side of screen and finding "End Jump" and then a little menu comes down and you can choose which menu you want it to go back to.
    I think thats right, I am at work and I dont have my laptop in front of me to make sure that is correct (if I explained it well enough to find "End Jump")

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I think, with the way you have things set up, you'll need to make a second version of that menu that is static/doesn't have the little intro part, and set the end jump to that menu.

4. VideoCave macrumors member

Re dsp

Michael is right. You have to make a duplicate menu with no transition intro and have the end jump link to that menu. There may be another if you know how to write scripts but thats something I could never figure out how to do.

5. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

An alternate way (the way I would do it) is to separate the intro animation from the static menu and, when you do want the intro animation, script it so it goes from the intro anim to the static menu. For example:

Main menu button -> Play intro -> Submenu

Clips -> Submenu

If that makes any sense. :)

6. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

For some reason, you cannot set the end pointer to a loop point. The solution is to make a very small script (one command: jump to loop point) and set the end pointer to that script. The script will run and jump to the loop point.

See the manual/google, at this moment I don't have an example. But this is the solution, it worked with me.

7. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

OK, found

• In the bottom of DVDSP you have track/slideshow/story/script
    • In the script tab, you add a script (name: Jump To Loop Point or something like that)
    • Press the + button on the right side
    • Change the NOP commando in the inspector to jump and set the destination (jump to) to your menu and check the 'start at loop point' setting
    • At the end of the track, set end jump to the name of the script

looks complicated, but try it

good luck