DVD Studio Pro & Slideshow disc problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by foz405, May 20, 2011.

1. foz405 macrumors member

foz405

I've just finished burning my first disc from DVD Studio Pro 4 and the disc is incompatible with my DVD machine which should play anything, and is not recognized by DVD Player or MPEG Streamclip.

It is a collection of tiff files as a slideshow with manual advance controls. The disc has the target set on first play through the graphical tab as the only menu, No1. The buttons have their target set as various slides. The whole project is PAL in HDDVD.

Having spent several days trying to learn this program and getting this far I'm stymied. The project plays in the simulator, (menu1) but the whole of the menu doesn't display on the Mac as the sides are cutoff and therefore my buttons are invisible.

I'd really appreciate any help that can be given.

Grahame

2. -DH macrumors 65816

There's your problem. HD DVDs will not play in DVD players, since DVD is a standard definition format only.

HD DVDs will only play in later model Macs and a couple of (now obsolete) Toshiba HD DVD players. HD DVD is a dead format, having been abandoned by it developers a few years ago.

If you want to deliver HD content on optical disc, you'll need to create a Blu-ray disc, which will require a Blu-ray authoring application and a Blu-ray burner. Note that Blu-ray discs will NOT play in DVD players - only in Blu-ray players.

If you want to make a disc that will play in DVD players, it MUST BE standard definition.

-DH

3. foz405 thread starter macrumors member

foz405

Thanks

[If you want to make a disc that will play in DVD players, it MUST BE standard definition.

-DH[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm recreating another project as we speak.
    Grrr to DVD Studio Pro.

4. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

Well, if you ask it to do something impossible...

But if you want HD, it is now BluRay. Check this link about burning BluRay on normal DVD's, but they will play as BluRay's. (With not total, but good HD quality and limited time of course.) If it works, you can use encore or toast or something like that to produce a real BluRay.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/burn_br_mac_superdrive_stone.html