Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

DVD Studio Pro to ship Aug 18th

SumDumGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2002
Loserville
Oh goody!

I've been waiting for this since it was announced. If it's as much of an improvement over 1.5 as FCP 4 was over FCP 3 then I'm going to be in heaven! Already went to the Apple Store (for education) and placed my order.

Now if the creative juices would start flowing I would be set. I was originally going to make a wakeboard/motocross video with my GL2, FCP and DVDSP, but I sold my motorcycle and haven't been able to wakeboard much this season. And when I do get to go to the lake, I'm scared of getting to close to the water with my camera. I want a waterproof housing, but man, have you priced those things!?

Oh well, when the juices DO start flowing I'll be all set on the computer/software side.

Comment

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I can't afford it, either. I'd really like FCP4, but at least there is a deal going on with FCE which might not be so bad...It sucks being a broke student! But yay, it's always great to know Apple is hard at work improving their already great products...It gives me a warm feeling in my stomach :)

Comment

yoshi1013

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2003
New York
Alas, I am also amongst the poor. I watched a bit of a demo at Macworld and asked the guy demonstrating some questions though of course what I REALLY wanted to do was shove him off the G5 and play with the software. Will have to visit old professor who I know will have it to mess around. MWA-HA-HA-HA!! Mmmmm....new Apple software...

Comment

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Re: Way overpriced

Originally posted by MacRETARD
I use grep, vi, and some perl scripts to edit my dvds.

Your bragging skills are unparalled.

Apple needs to work on a Bundle

Something that will address

NLE Editing
Audio creation and editing
DVD Burning

Comment

x-virge

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2003
Re: Way overpriced

Originally posted by MacRETARD
I use grep, vi, and some perl scripts to edit my dvds.

Oo! oo! I love these:

Oh yeah? Well, I don't even use a computer, I just whistle at my phone! (And interpret the noises I get back real-time in my head)

edit: Oh, we weren't talking about getting on the Internet, were we? Editting DVDs... well, to do that I just use a really really tiny needle!

Comment
Bzzzzzzztpffffft...

Originally posted by x-virge
Oo! oo! I love these:

Oh yeah? Well, I don't even use a computer, I just whistle at my phone! (And interpret the noises I get back real-time in my head)

edit: Oh, we weren't talking about getting on the Internet, were we? Editting DVDs... well, to do that I just use a really really tiny needle!

Er...those aren't 'noises', x-virge...it's the Mothership.

And we want our 'Sapien-styled' all-over body-suit back, pronto.

And don't forget; it'd better not have any smears on it like the last one or you'll be billed for cleaning.

Over.

Brother [Overlord Xtremis] Mugga

Comment

jocknerd

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2002
Virginia
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I can't afford it, either. I'd really like FCP4, but at least there is a deal going on with FCE which might not be so bad...It sucks being a broke student! But yay, it's always great to know Apple is hard at work improving their already great products...It gives me a warm feeling in my stomach :)

I remember those days. Hasn't changed much either. I'm still broke even though I'm employed. Having 5 month old twins can do that to you.

Comment

phong

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2002
Bought a copy from Dr. Raw Stock, saved a hundred bucks. Can't wait to use it. I think I can figure out how to use this. (also watched the tours on Apple's website) but I actually understand how it works. The earlier versions were so confusing. Great to REALLY author DVDs. I am really getting tired of iDVD.

Comment

Jeff Capri

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2003
DVD Studio Pro 2 MIN requirements:

Macintosh computer with a 733 MHz or faster PowerPC processor (G4 minimum) and AGP graphics card

8MB of video memory (32MB recommended 20GB of available disk space
DVD drive required for installation

733 AND 20GB Bull@#$%!!!!!!

...so all of us 667 Ti Book people are S.O.L. again. APPLE IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!

Comment

phong

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2002
Agreed Jeff. Wow, that should be a big issue. I have a 60GB hard drive in my TiBook and partionioned it. After the FCP4 install and Soundtrack Library (I didn't even both with the LiveType Library) I only have about 16GB on my System Drive. That is terrible. Now, I would have to repartion my whole hard drive so I have more room on my system drive. And I need the other "media" partion to have the most room as it is my media drive containing the video, render files, etc. I guess Apple has to acknowledge that for PowerBook users, hard drives are not that big, not that cheap, and not that easy to replace. There is the option of the FW Drive but its just not as efficient.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.