DVD Studio Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Davesc36, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Davesc36 macrumors newbie

So what has happend to DVD Studio Pro? Is it dead in the water like Shake?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Dead as a door nail. Same with Color and Sound Track Pro. And Cinema Tools but I doubt very many people even know about that app any more.

Lethal

3. Davesc36 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only 2 programs I use out of Final Cut Studio is Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro. What would be a good alternative to using DVD Studio Pro if it's no longer offered? I was really looking forward to seeing a 64bit version of it. This whole Final Cut Pro X update has been one big disappointment to many years of anticipation for it.

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Adobe Encore...along with everything else Adobe

5. Davesc36 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been debating on going that route. I guess now's the time to face facts and move over to Encore. DVD Studio Pro is a great program it just needed a 64 bit version so you could speed up the process.

6. simsaladimbamba

Isn't there some other alternative? I used Encore in 2007, after I was already accustomed to DVD SP, and I was really flabbergasted by this idiotic application. Maybe it has changed. Or maybe I have changed.

Anyway, DVD SP still works for SD DVDs, no need for an upgrade I suppose. At least for my simple DVD authoring needs.

7. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Not much of a choice at this point I'm sorry to say.

8. simsaladimbamba

Thanks.

iDVD, here I come. At least it is not as idiotic as Encore, but still crap.

9. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

There's nothing to really "speed up" in DVD Studio Pro, considering that it's primarily an SD-DVD authoring application. The only thing you could really speed up in DVDSP is encoding and frankly, you have a lot more control over .m2v encoding in Compressor.

One thing I wish Encore would actually do is output BD-CMF files for mass Blu-ray replication. Right now, you either have to use BluStreak or author in expensive Windows apps.

10. michaeldrive, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

michaeldrive macrumors newbie

michaeldrive

DVD Studio Pro template conversion from PAL to NTSC

Hi guys, I'm a little late in getting involved here, but I must ask this question, if any of you could please help me. Inside of DVDSP 4, I created a great template with menus and custom buttons etc, in a PAL sequence. Well, now I wish to use that template for an NTSC sequence. Is there any way of converting it?? Otherwise, I have to spend all day re-creating.

Thank you.

11. griffin34 macrumors newbie

DVD Studio Pro Content cannot be seen

I have just installed (on a new computer) DVD Studio Pro 4, ended up with the Content data installed in ‘/Library/Application Support’, which I am not sure is correct, as the program was not listing any preset styles etc. I copied the content to ‘~/Library/Application Support’ and it still can’t be seen by the program. Any ideas on this?