dvd to audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Addy1975, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Addy1975 macrumors newbie

- can anyone recommend the best and free software that will allow me to easily rip any DVD audio track into mp3 format...?

TIA...

2. Addy1975 thread starter macrumors newbie

- can anyone recommend software (free or not) to extract the soundtrack from DVD, MPEG's etc...?

TIA...

3. slu macrumors 68000

slu

You probably won't like this answer, but I just plugged a dvd player into the audio in jack of my my Mac with a RCA to 1/8 inch stereo cable and then recorded the audio in real time in garageband, then exported to iTunes. A bit of a pain, but free and effective. Then I was able to edit the sound as well.

Other than that, Google is your friend. For example I found this: http://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-audioripper-mac.html

4. atmenterprises macrumors regular

Good? Yes. Free? No. Audio Hijack works wonderfully for me.

5. nplima macrumors 6502a

erm... boot you Mac with Windows XP, fire up audacity, change the input source to "stereo mix" (or whatever it's called in your particular audio config), press record and play whatever DVD or sound you like you like.

DRM-encumbered operating systems need not apply :p

6. slu macrumors 68000

slu

No need for going into XP. Audacity is available on Mac OS X. I wish I knew that before I unhooked my DVD player in the solution I recommended above. I am going to try it and see how it goes.