Dvd To Ipad Converter.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrcc, Apr 29, 2010.

1. mrcc macrumors regular

<link removed>

Has anyone tried this yet? I think this is the first ipad converter ive seen so far.

2. xraytech macrumors 68020

HandBreak works just fine for the iPhone. Don't see why it shouldn't work for the iPad. And bonus... HANDBRAKE IS FREE!!!

http://handbrake.fr/

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea handbrake is better then anything that you can offer. sorry

4. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

there are a bunch out there, mostly using the same tech just with a different front end slapped on. I bought one when I initially ordered my 3g, but the a/c synch kept getting messed up on its rips. So I got a refund, fired up DVD Decrypter + Handbrake and they worked perfectly (albeit in 2 steps). When the unit arrives tomorrow I'll see how the quality looks, but they look good on my 30" dell...

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

$28 for software that does the same job as Handbrake, which is free?

No thank you.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

7. boonleng macrumors regular

Another vote for Handbrake. I encode all my videos for iPhone, iPad, Macs. Heck even the media center running windows 7. Paid software is not always better than free.

8. 00Penguin macrumors member

What settings are you using on Handbrake to get a good picture on the iPad?

9. iowamensan macrumors 6502

My movies I ripped with the Apple TV preset in HandBrake for my Apple TV look great on my iPad...

10. fishepa macrumors regular

I use handbrake as well, I just use the default universal settings and it looks great on the iPad.

11. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I've been using HandBrake for years, but recently when I tried to use it to rip Avatar, it kept saying that I needed to install VLC -- which I had installed already.

So out of frustration, I tried WonderShare's DVD Ripper. It had a much better user interface than HandBrake and it included an iPad preset. It was fast, to, utilizing 10 of my Mac Pro's 16 virtual cores. I now have Avatar on my iPad.

They have a free trial but I paid the $45 for a license.

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

DVD into an iPad? Sounds like turning lead into gold. I'll gladly pay anyone $20 who can show me how to turn a DVD into an iPad. :D

That said, my favorite software for converting a DVD movie into a file that can be played on an iPad is 123movies2IPOD. ;)

13. elleana macrumors regular

If people want to shell out money for something even after being told about the free alternative, more power to them I say. Keeps the economy moving.

14. msavwah macrumors 6502

Fairmount plus handbrake universal setting, outstanding quality on iPad and appletv

15. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Spam

I removed the link from your post because the people who run that site/software spam the forums here and I'd be wary of downloading their products.

If you see recommendations by newbies for a specific non-free product or link to a strange website/blog, it's most likely spam, so please report it using the [​IMG] button. I've already had to remove several spammers from this thread. Thanks :)

16. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

DVDfab/Handbrake
    Apple TV/Universal preset.

all you need!:D