DVD to iPhone with OS 10.4.11

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by leemarquis, Jul 30, 2009.

1. leemarquis macrumors newbie

I have movies that I converted from DVD to mp4 for my 5th generation iPod video. When I put them on my iPhone 3gs they all start with a green fuzzy screen. Audio is fine and if I foward the video a bit the video plays ok, but why doesn't it play ok straight away?

They were converted with instant handbrake and as I'm using 10.4.11 the version of handbrake that I have doesn't have an iPhone setting. But surely the files are the same?

What software can i use To convert DVDs to iPhone that will work on os 10.4.11? They all seem to be for os 10.5.

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

HandBrake

Go to the HandBrake downloads page and click the link for older versions at the bottom. 0.9.1 will work on 10.4.11

3. StreamingNet macrumors newbie

It's a hardware solution, but have you considered iRecord Pro?

4. leemarquis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - but I already have this version of the software - thats how I converted the files originally! But when I put them on the iphone they all play with a green screen to start and the video stutters a bit. If I forward it, they play OK.

So I assumed that the old version of handbrake wasnt converting files correctly for the iphone?

However, i have jut tried reconverting a dvd with the old instant handbrake and it seems to play OK on the iphone now - so how come the old files I converted months ago (with same version of handbrake and same settings) dont play properly?