DVD to ipod and PSP questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 03sho, Jan 14, 2008.

1. 03sho macrumors 6502a

1. I have a sort of weird technical question. If you use DVD Decrypter, then run your file through DVD Shrink before you convert it using Video 9 does it make a big difference in the size and quality of the movie?

The reason I ask, is because I've been just ripping my DVD, then just converting the file straight into Video 9, but I've heard that some people put their file through DVD Shrink first.

2. Also, another question is, for those of you that might have experience with both and would know, which program is better for ripping DVDs, DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink? I haven't tried Shrink, but I noticed a lot of you guys on here use that to rip your DVDs.

3. Finally, can you just copy H.264 videos from the iPod to the PSP and vice versa?

Thanks in advance!:)

2. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Running it thru shrink first won't make any difference than just taking the .vob straight from decrypter.

Unfortunately AVC vids from Ipods will not play on the PSP. I have a Touch and encode them for it, and I have to feed them thru a PSP encoder once again to get compatibility. I wish there would be a tool to just change a header or something.

3. 03sho thread starter macrumors 6502a