DVD to iPod. Which software for XP?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

My brother just got himself a 5g iPod. And he wants to put some movies from his dvd collection in it. For me Handbrake wins hands down but I have no idea what to get for XP. A quick search on Google confused me even more. Then I tried Handbrake for windows. But for some reason it didnt work on my MB running XP.

So can you please suggest me which software to get? I dont mind paying upto 30$ for it but free wud always be better:)

(sorry if this has been answered earlier in the forums:eek:. I did search but couldn`t find a satisfying answer)

2. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

3. M67 macrumors newbie

4. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

If I were going to buy one, it would be this.

It also allows you to regular HD-DVD videos without HDCP compliant hardware. A cool side benefit!

5. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

I have the Videora and it works well, the only problem is DVDDecrypter was run out of business by the MPAA and hasn't been updated in years. And new DVDs often have additional tricks in them that DVD Decrypter has trouble beating. So you need to use some other tools to get the job done like Ripit4me and it all becomes very "geeky". So if you are up for it, go for it. If you are not that technical, I'd get Slysoft. With the added benefit, they also rip HDs.

6. brag22 macrumors newbie

Try Neoretix Tubehunter-its pretty useful. its what i use.