DVD uploading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by splatterific, Aug 4, 2012.

1. splatterific macrumors member

I have a ton of DVD movies I would love to watch on my iPad. It's nice how the blurays sometimes come with a digital copy but, is there a way I could upload my DVDs to be watched on my iPad

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Use Handbrake (with VLC) to rip/encode your DVDs and load them into iTunes
    Then sync them with your iPad

3. splatterific thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that worked awesome. Next questions how do I share the converted videos amongst other users. When I switch users I can't locate the file. Don't mind me I'm new to Mac. Love and learning.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

In your account, go to MacintoshHD>Users>Account Name>Public. There should be a Dropbox folder. Just drag and drop into there, and the account holder can find it there. Either that or an external drive.

5. splatterific thread starter macrumors member

I did as u said and it appeared I'm the drop box only Problem is it's saying I'm not authorized. I had to drag it out of
    Drip box to gain access. All my settings are as admins. And all Folders set to share. It also would let drag and drop to my external Well, at least I got to work. Would be nice If it were as easy as xp to accomplish.

6. splatterific thread starter macrumors member

I'm pushing my luck how uploading blurays to accomplish the same as handbrake did for DVD?

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You should be able to drop stuff into the Dropbox of other Account holders. You will get a message saying that you can't access that folder. That's OK you are not accessing it, just putting files into it. Make sure that you are dropping the file into the Dropbox in the other Account holders Dropbox folder.