DVD video output question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by irishgrizzly, Oct 7, 2013.

1. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I've got to making a presentation in Adobe Flash and export a video file so a client can burn it to a DVD to play on his PC laptop to a 48" 1080p TV screen.

My question is – if his laptop screen 1366x768 pixels and the TV is 1920×1080. Should he be able to play at 1920×1080 from his laptop?

I'm not sure what output he'll use. I can check, but guess it'll be a HDMI cable.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

So you are asking on an Apple forum about some unknown random brand of PC running an unknown operating system that is connected to a projector some way you can't describe?

Ok, I'll answer: "It depends."

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

As the dvd resolution will only be 720x520/480 his TV resolution won't have a great deal of affect.

4. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Off-topic: The question is placed in the right topic; Digital Video. So what's wrong with it?

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

He does not provide enough information for a meaningful answer. With the info provides all one can say is "It depends"

He asks if some un-named lap top can play 1080 video? I'd say "it depends on the lap top" Is he making a standard DVD or writing a video file to a DVD? We don't know.

6. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Insufficient info, Baklava. Even if we had more info, there's no substitute for actually plugging it in and trying it. I do presentation tech support as part of my job and my advice is always "try it before the presentation, try it again to be sure, have a plan B".

Some laptops simply don't have the grunt, or some TVs can only accept a small range of frame sizes and you have to pick the right one (e.g. I once had a Sony Bravia that would only accept standard TV sizes paired with a Dell that only wanted to output standard computer sizes and you had to pick just the right one in the Windows display control panel. Easy for me, tricky for non-techs).

I've seen all sorts of weird problems that you wouldn't expect to crop up ... until they do. And that's why people phone me :D

7. mBox macrumors 68020

Dave has it right.
    Cramming it in DVD for playback at high res is a fail.
    How about just giving the end user a data file and VLC :)

P.s fail = bad quality..itll still work but why would you?
    Friends dont let end users drive pixels drunk :p