DVD with chapters from FCE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mattaut, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Mattaut macrumors regular

Hi, I have a 20 minute video in FCE and I will need to put it on a DVD and be able to skip between chapters while viewing the DVD. Right now the only burning software I have is Toast 7 Titanium and it only allows me to create chapters in 1/5/10/etc. minute intervals. Anybody have any ideas on how I can do this using what I have? Is there a burning software somebody has that can do what I need? Thanks!

2. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

iDVD

Yea you should have IDVD which as I'm sure you know doesn't look that great compared to other menu builders, but it's something.
    In the past, around 2006, I would bring FCE to iMovie, make chapters then bring the movie to iDVD. Of course these were the days when I actually liked iMovie (I have become use to the new versions, nor am I a real iMovie complainer). So I would give that a try.
    I do have the new toast, except I really have not used it much, so im limited with knowing chapters in toast at the moment. I mainly was using it for the ease of getting files to FC from my Cam.

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You can easily set chapter markers in FCE that are recognized by iDVD. If you don't like iDVD templates, you can buy/download them from the interweb.

4. Mattaut thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't used iDVD in a while, I actually don't even have iDVD or iMovie on my computer anymore. Are you able to make a DVD with chapters but no menu? So it just starts playing and lets you skip between the chapters?

5. Mattaut thread starter macrumors regular

Once I have all the chapters for the video done, I'm going to export each chapter separately and drop them all into Toast and burn to DVD. I'm hoping that when you press skip it will skip between each separate chapter I exported.