DVD won't play in drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Broody, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Broody macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I have just relocated my imac to a room with out a tv and so I've been using it to watch dvds while I ride our stationary bike. I tried to pop in simpsons season 9 and none of the 4 discs will play ( i think this might be a copy protection issue). Other dvds still work fine. I was going to try anyDVD but it looks like that is just for windows, and if there is a mac version available I can't find it. I'm not looking to copy these or anything, I just want my computer to acknowledge that there is a dvd in it!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

It doesn't sound like a copy protection issue. Are you saying the DVD doesn't play?

And you might want to change the thread topic, cause this is illegal and will get your thread closed.

3. Broody thread starter macrumors newbie

I just clicked edit and I can't figure out how to change the thread title, it doesn't give the option.

The DVD spins and everything, and even by default opens the dvd player, but it eventually says that the disc is not supported, which I assumed meant it was copy protected, I could be wrong.

4. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

Try hitting the Play button. It may sound stupid, but on several occasions, I get that message, only to find out that DVD Player doesn't autoplay so you have to manually press Play using the on-screen controls.

5. Broody thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha I wish it was that simple. I actually thought it might be that at first but unfortunately the message doesn't pop up until I hit play.