Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slim tim slide

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2008
brighton
I've been generally delighted with the 15" MacBook Pro I bought from the refurb store about 6 weeks ago - in fact its so great it's scary BUT - having downloaded some much wanted movies i'm encountering big problems burning them to dvd through finder. one movie is in mpeg, and seems to burn fine to a dual layer tdk dvd+r (which i assume is a decent brand!) and plays fine straight from the files but when i put it into my normal dvd player it pauses at random intervals (not always in the same places). i know the player is ok and ive now used 3 dvds using the 3 burn speeds offered by finder - same problems every time.

second prob is that the other movie is in avi format and i cant seem to convert it - i downloaded prism converter but it says it cant find the source files thought they are in plain sight on my desktop and play fine through vlc, but i cant burn it to dvd!

Any suggestions very welcome - i dont want to be limited to watching solely on the mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.