Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punkmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I'm using DVD2oneX and Toast to backup some dvds I have.

Problem is everything goes fine but the the discs will not open in dvd player or VLC.

The files are there but will not open. I CAN open them individually with VLC.

Is there something I'm missing?

Tired of making coasters...

I.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Are you using UDF when writing the DVD? You might do better to use DVD2oneX's 'create image' function (which works with Disk Utility) if you can't get it working properly with Toast.

punkmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
UDF...

I'm thinking it might have to do with it not having a menu. I chose movie only in DVD2one.

I'm just dragging the file from my hard drive right into toast, am I missing some other step?

The first time I used Toast 6 with the UDF option under DVD ROM data disc.

The second time I used Toast 5.2 with just DVD video.

I'll give the Image a try. Will I have to recode the movie again?

Thanx,

I.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
it might be because DVD2OneX is crap? do u have the right heirarchy? did u remove hidden files? all caps no spaces in disc title?

punkmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
reasons why?...

Yes, I thought it might be the folders or something.

My title is in all caps.

I'm dropping it into the toast window. Why Krimson should I try an Image copy?

I just wanted to burn some of my dvd backups to free up HD space is this so hard!?!

With all this tech it should be easy right?

Thanx

I'll check out the website too.

I.

starcrossed

macrumors regular
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
I've been using DVD2OneX to create the disc image and Apple Disk Utility to burn the image to a DVD, I have not had any faulty disks at all, even when doing just movie only copies. I've found toast to be a little unreliable when using it with DVD2OneX. Just make sure you have downloaded the DVD Imager program as well so you can grab its engine and place it in DVD2OneX in order to create Disk Utility friendly disk image files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.