Dvds looking awful?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chaser7, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Chaser7 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    so I have the newest version of the black Macbook, and I as played my first DVD tonight, I noticed that not only did the dvd not even come close to fitting the full screen, but quality was awful. It was all fuzzy, and hazy, and blurring, etc. Is there a way to fix this? Not to mention the full screen was pretty bad since it didn't full extend either horizontally or vertically.. Anyone know what to do?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Are you utilizing Front Row? I've used my BlackBook 2.4 as a DVD player and it's fine for me. I've even hooked it up to my Sony Bravia LCD 40" and watched several DVDs without a problem. I don't use Front Row, but give that a shot. :confused:

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Can you supply us with a picture? That might help.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Also, make sure you have the deinterlacing set to the highest setting since that will also upsample it to a certain degree.

I have heard lots of good reviews about the Leopard DVD Player, so lets get this problem sorted for you. Also, are you comparing the quality to something else, or just saying that it looks not so good? Sort of like, 'this shirt is a darker red than this other shirt' as compared to 'this shirt is dark red'