DVD's on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stephen =D, Nov 18, 2007.

1. stephen =D macrumors newbie

Hey guys
    I'm going out to buy Hairspray on DVD 2moro and was wondering if you can get dvd's on teh iPhone
    ne ideas
    thanx:D

2. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I haven't done this for a long time but if you use a program like Mac the Ripper to rip the film and then I believe it's something like Handbrake to convert it into the appropriate file format.

If you haven't already I would recommend searching the forums because I'm pretty sure this has been discussed a few times before and you should be able to find a definite answer

3. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

All you need is handbrake...or um, I think it's called something else now. Anyhoo, handbrake or whatever it's called does the job. A DVD in a nice quality iPod format is about 1GB so you can't have that many on the iPhone.

4. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

The latest version of Handbrake is what you need. There is a specific Profile in there for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

I ripped my copy of Die Hard 4.0 and it was absolutely perfect. Kept all the chapters of the film in there too.

Only problem was that it took about 8 hours to convert on my Mac Mini 1.42 Ghz Power PC. I did it overnight so no big deal.

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

6. dodonutter macrumors regular

just head over to http://handbrake.m0k.org and download handbrake. Has an iPhone setting in it which works really well.

7. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

*bumping*

I am having NO luck trying to rip Hairspray. When I try with MtR (3R14), I get error warnings:
    And finally,
    When I try just Handbreak (0.9.1), it scans 46 titles, and then I get only titles 29-31-33-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45, adding up to around an 1:45, but broken into 14 separate titles.

Am I SOL?

8. TwisterMc macrumors newbie

I don't think you can rip Hairspray. I've tried with Handbreak and it doesn't work. Most other movies it works fine with though. Sad.