DVDs read slowly under windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kalifa, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Kalifa macrumors newbie

I have Windows XP 32 bit running under bootcamp on my early 2008 Macbook Pro.

I think the problem started last week, when I was burning about 4 isos on 4 different DVDs. Then after that I wanted to watch a movie on a dvd while I was still on Windows, but whenever I start the movie the mouse pointer would move slowly and the movie would get choppy. Even when I'm transferring files from a CD to Windows the files would take longer than usual to finish copying.

So I switched to Mac OS and tried playing the movie again from the dvd. When it played I noticed that it's playing normally and it's not a hardware issue that I'm having. So I thought that the problem was gone and I should check if the dvd would run smoothly on Windows like it's running under Mac OS. But when I tried it on Windows the problem was still there, the dvd is still running slowly. :(

So anybody know what's causing this problem?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Try moving the DVDs away from the windows

I'd check to make sure you're running the latest drivers for the superdrive in Windows.

3. Kalifa thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm a PC newbie. But how can I do that exactly?

4. Kalifa thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey it worked! thanks!

It was a pain to know which brand my dvd player is..
    After a long search, I found out that I had to update my driver manually from the Dell website.

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Good job. I know finding the right driver can be a pain.

For future reference, in OSX, if you click on the Apple>about this mac> more info, then you can see all the hardware, manufacturers and model numbers.