DVDSP -- Weird Error -- Please Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by OMGWTFBBQ, Apr 16, 2008.

1. OMGWTFBBQ macrumors member

OMGWTFBBQ

Hi,

I have a brand new mac pro, and I'm using the most recent version of DVDSP. I get the following error when attempting to burn a Dual Layer DVD when it's in the formating stage: "The recording device reported the illegal request: Unknown device" and it gives me the option to cancel. When I hit cancel I get another error "Formating Failed: THe recording device reported the illegal request: Unknown device error. (0x21, 0x00.)"

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause of this? I have had other problems with the dvd burner, things like "medium write error" so I've tried using different types of DVDs (I have yet to try Verbatin--which apparently are the ones with the most success).

Any help would be very much appreciated. Do I need to return my mac pro? :confused:

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

If you have Toast, instead of burning directly in DSP, build your project without burning it. Afterwards use Toast to burn the VIDEO_TS folder. If this works, then you probably have the problem inside DSP and not with the physical drive.

3. OMGWTFBBQ thread starter macrumors member

OMGWTFBBQ

thanks, I tried that advice and it did indeed work with toast. I guess there is something off in the DVDSP.