DVI connector included with MBP's.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marclapierre13, Nov 8, 2007.

1. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

WTF is with these? They are about 3 inches long. I wanted to hook my mbp to my Plasma tv, but if I did that I would have to have my MBP dangling over the edge.
    They are useless. I should be at least 8 inches long, preferably over a foot.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The DVI to VGA connector isn't intended to be a cable. It's an adapter, plain and simple, and is intended for use on monitors that DO NOT have a DVI connector. If you want to connect your MacbOok Pro over DVI, that is NOT the connector you want. You should instead get a full length DVI cable.

3. pianos101 macrumors regular

As you said, it's a connector. It's not a cable. It's meant for people who need to plug a VGA cable into their computers.

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Yeah- it sucks that they also made it a female connector too. Going into that female connector on my monitor was a hassle. :p

5. marclapierre13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Hmmm. I guess I should get shopping for one of those other cables.
    I have a DVI connector on my plasma tv. any suggestions of how I link it up?

6. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Sounds like you just need a standard DVI to DVI cable. I suggest monoprice.com for cheap, quality cables but really you can find them just about anywhere.

Expect to pay $80 if you go to Best Buy and $8 if you buy online.