Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nappa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
So...

I have a macbook pro from fall of 2007. So far it has worked perfectly and I've used it with an LG full hd LCD for about 1,5 years. I use a regular DVI - HDMI cable.

About a month back it suddenly stopped working. The TV just tells me "No signal".

I didn't change any settings or anything. The computer still recognizes when something is plugged in as the screen flicks blue and the displays icon in the menu bar lists the TV with correct model and resolution. And if I have spaces turned on it changes from 4 to 8 "screens".

I have tried everything from rebooting the computer to resetting P-RAM.
I got a new cable, no difference. However when I tried the TV with my friends MBP, it worked. So the problem is definetly in my computer, not in the TV or cable.

My OS X is Version 10.5.8 Leopard.

Help would be much appreciated.

apull

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
chicago
This happened to me too. It's hooked up with VGA fine, but the quality is noticeably inferior. I can't remember if I did any software updates or not

ashloff

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
Rochester
Same problem

Hi,
I am new to forum posting, although I have been lurking for a while.

The problem I am experiencing is very similar to this. I have a late 2007 MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. I have been using an external display connected to the DVI port for several years.

Recently the monitor began displaying a "no signal" message. I tried a VGA to DVI connector and the monitor works fine, but doesn't display a crisp image. I tried to connect a Cintiq to the DVI and had the same problem. I also tried a DVI to HDMI connection which will work for a few minutes but still disconnects.

The computer recognizes the external displays, the screen flickers and splits in half to display across two monitors, but the second monitor never comes on.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.