DVI minus the screws?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Verdanice, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Verdanice macrumors regular

So I'm planning a new setup for my computers and such and I'd really like to get an mStand for my Macbook Pro 4.1. I've read about problems slipping a huge, bulky DVI head (I hate you DVI) through the cable management hole at the rear, though, and I do need to be able to do that. I talked to someone at mStand who saud they're aware of the issue and are releasing a version with a larger hole in January, but I'm impatient - I want it at the same time I get the new desk!

I never, ever use the screws on DVI heads anyways, does anybody know of a cable that does not have those screws? Or perhaps an alternative to the mStand, but I've looked at plenty and none quite match up (the Griffin one is ugly).

Thanks for any tips!

2. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I'd just wait for the new mstand, nothing comes close to the looks of it. I'm not sure how big the hole is, but if you were to dismantle the dvi casing, is there a chance it will slip through?

3. Verdanice thread starter macrumors regular

From what I've read it's very marginally too small, millimeters. Someone came up with a fix involving a dremel on the plastic rim, so it can't have been too much of a difference.

I hadn't considered dismantling the casing, but that's a good point - I'll take a look at the DVI cables I have.