Dvi or vga

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ETID, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ETID macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I want to buy a hd tv (around 19-23") to use primarily for xbox 360 and television but also for duel screening my macbook (eg using matlab on one screen and an office program on other).

The tv i'm thinking of:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE1...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1204053266&sr=8-2

Will dvi to dvi be better than using dvi to vga or will the difference be negliagable? If anyone sees any faults with my plans feel free to suggest other solutions. I'm aware that there are posts about this but none seem to get to an answer.

may thanks

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I have a Samsung 906BW that I was using in VGA, but the cable was a bit futzy and I switched to DVI. Absolutely wonderful, do it, don't look back. A big advantage is resolutions are automatic, instead of "hinting" for your ideal res. Color, clarity, sharpness, everything was a huge improvement for me.

3. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

At that low of a resolution I doubt you could tell the difference.

I used VGA for my laptop to my 2407 @ 1920x1200 for a while and didn't really notice a big difference when I switched to DVI.

4. ETID thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply. Does anyone have a preferred model of tv. this one seems the best to me