Dvi to ADC Connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scotty588, Apr 4, 2007.

1. scotty588 macrumors 6502

I was recently at a friends place and he has an Apple Studio Display. I wanted to connect it to my Macbook pro but when I went to connect it had a odd looking dvi connection which looks like supplys power and video. After looking it up a bit I found it is called an ADC connector. I see that Apple has a Dvi to ADC converter cable for $99 which is a bit pricey. Anyone use a 3rd party dvi to adc adapter and had success?

2. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I've had a friend in a similar situation for a while, and he never found a solution. Not to suggest it isn't out there, but he's pretty tech savvy so it may be difficult.

good luck.

3. scotty588 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. frozenfire macrumors newbie

I've been looking into that too. i just got a quicksilver with a nice adc display for cheep because someone busted the adc connector on the video card. I still want to use the display, but don't feel like forking over the dough, especially after looking at the pinouts for adc and dvi-->adc IS dvi with 2 usb pins and 4 power pins. just need a 25V power supply, ADC female connector, male DVI connector, a usb cable, and afew hours with a soldering iorn and you should have yourself an adapter(I want to try this but haven't been able to find an adc connector anywhere). Please post back if you find a cheep adaptor or some place with adc connectors.