DVI to TV not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psp, Aug 17, 2008.

1. psp macrumors newbie

OK, Im running a MAcbook pro latest OSX all updates etc...

In the past I have been able to plug in the adapter (DVI to TV) to the DVI and run on end of an RCA cable out of it to the RCA video in on any tv.

I would normally just hit f7 and the display would be seen on the tv. I would never have to press the detect display feature.

The problem is now I cant get a picture on the tv what so ever. I have tried the detect display feature, changed resolutions, multiple tvs and cables and no luck.

Now when i connect to an external computer monitor using the other DVI adapter everything is fine on the external monitor. f7 works fine etc...

I believe the problem started when I hooked up the external computer monitor. It seems some setting has changed that will only recognize the the computer monitor. And the other adapter DVI to tv doesnt seem to be recognized or at least the pictures isnt sent to the tv...

I don't think its the DVI to to tv adapter having a problem as it's newer..never been abused or anything like that... Im very confused and frustrated any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    psp

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

3. psp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. No luck. I get the tv to flash for a second and then a black screen on the tv...this is very strange

4. psp thread starter macrumors newbie

Short of reinstalling macosx is there another way to reset things other then what was mentioned above. This is driving me crazy. I need this feature working for my presentations as sometimes I only have access to a tv...not a projector.

thanks