Dvorak keyboard

Jartlett

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
I tried to install iKeyex from cydia to add this keyboard layout but I cannot get it to work. I am currently on 3.0 and was wordering if this was possible to do!

ckong

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
I tried to install iKeyex from cydia to add this keyboard layout but I cannot get it to work. I am currently on 3.0 and was wordering if this was possible to do!
iKeyEx was updated to iKeyEx 3 0.2 a few days ago. The new version supposed to work with firmware 3.0 and above. There was also a slight version update posted to the Project Home site just 6 hours ago (version 0.2a). Here's the link:

http://code.google.com/p/networkpx/updates/list

I have firmware 3.1.2 with iKeyEx 3 v0.2 and and am testing the Dvorak Keyboard for you. It seems to work. See attached snapshot:

Attachments

Jartlett

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Oh awesome! Thank you so much ckong.
How funny that when I was looking for this layout that it be released.
I'll have to try this out when I get the chance.

sonicboomboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2012
Dvorak - one handed

Hi there, I use Dvorak for the right hand (one handed layout) as I only have the use of one hand. I'd like to use it on an iPad as i touch type with the layout, but Apple hasn't added the layout to iOS yet!! I was thinking about getting an iPad and jailbreaking to get round this, however i'm trying to find out first if the layout is available on Cydia. Would you have come across the one handed layouts when you were looking into Dvorak for two handed folks?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

SBB

sonicboomboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2012
Dvorak one handed

I only have the use of one hand, and have learned the Dvorak layout for the right hand to touch type with speed. I too would like to find out if there is a keyboard layout available on Cydia to install on a jailbroken iPad. If anyone has seen one around, it would be good to know. Its about the only reason I have to jailbreak the iPad, so if the layout is not available, there is not much point in going to the trouble of jailbreaking it in the first place. :)

Cheers

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Wait wat? Keyboards have not worked since iOS 3? I remember using them a lot arou d that time and prior but I always though they were still around and being usedn/made

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wait wat? Keyboards have not worked since iOS 3? I remember using them a lot arou d that time and prior but I always though they were still around and being usedn/made
yup I doubt this will work this came out in 2009 back when 3.0+ was a big deal. be surprised if it works now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.