DX iPhone 4 Bumpers are the way to go! (Comparison Pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MarkCooz, May 9, 2011.

1. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

So a few months back i got two bumpers (Green and Orange) from eBay name (Gong-Wei)
    i received it 1-2 weeks later. I loved it, unitl it started getting discolored, and a few weeks after the bumper showed some discoloration. The buttons fell out. The green one the Lock Button fell out.

NOW
    I just got my package from Deal-Extreme (AWESOME WEBSITE)

The green bumper i recieved is so much better than the one i bought from eBay I remember my bumper from ebay that was new didn't have the same color and has a real cheap looking buttons. So here's a comparison of the Old and new bumper i got.

The top is the old bumper and the newer bumper is the bottom

[​IMG]

As you can see from the inside angle shot. The newer one has the green inset for the buttons. not white.
    [​IMG]

All in all I love the DX iPhone 4 bumpers, they feel really nice in the hands. Better build quality and the packaging that it came with is nice too. Only thing you know that it's fake is it says "For 4G iPhone Bumpers"

Also to note *The Buttons on the DX Bumpers are exactly like the Apple bumpers they sell in the stores. It's not cheap looking, and it's more roundish. and it just looks authentic.

RATING 5/5
    SHIPPING 4/5 (8 days isn't so bad)

Let me know what you guys think of the bumpers, show some pics. Also I'll be happy to post pictures of the Orange ones as well! Just let me know! :D

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

3. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

5. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome deal! yeah i sure do hope so. Let me know once you get it.
    I'd like to see some pics of it.

I'll get a real camera later and take pics and post it on a later post!

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Yeah sure i will post pics when I receive it :)

7. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

Nope try again buddy. Cheap knockoffs are a better bang for the buck, but will never be higher quality than the original OEM bumper

[​IMG]

Not even close

8. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't say higher quality. I said that it's the same quality. Not HIGHER.
    I respect to what you say. Cheap Knock Off's are bang for the buck. and I would never ever spend $30 again for a bumper. what ripoff...
    I'm just saying the one's i received from ebay the first time i bought bumpers are nothing like the one i got from DX today. They're literally a higher class of bumper. SIMILAR to the ones at the apple store. (The buttons seems much better at clicking than the original)

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Agreed. Apple bumpers are a rip off and they are not perfect either. I've seen complaints on here about them. I'd rather spend just ove 1£ than 30£ on a piece of rubber.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

So ... you're supporting a company that rips off someone else's design?

11. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I mean apple's bumper case is way over priced IMHO.
    Also how much do you think they actually spend on getting these products done? $5-10 is what i'm putting my money on.

Plastic/Rubber casing around your phone is not worth $30

Plus these are the 3rd set of bumpers i've owned. Ever since i bought the $30 original bumper from apple and a buddy told me about online pricing. I'm never going to buy $30 worth of bumper casing.

Mind you not I still pay retail price for other companies like Incase, Speck, and Marware. etc... Because their price is somewhat reasonable and protects the phone very well..

12. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Does it have the wider Dock opening like the new Apple OEM Bumper?

13. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not so sure. I haven't seen the new ones in person. but it seems normal to me? So i'm guessing it doesn't have the wider dock opening.

14. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

Overpriced.... so is every other apple accessory, its part of the owning apple products

I could care less about saving money, I've seen/tried a few knockoff cases from different vendors. None of them have the rubber and button quality that matches the Apple bumper.

I'd rather pay for quality for something I'm going to use daily

15. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

If these makers can sell these bumpers for $2 and presumably make a profit - imagine how much Apple makes for each $30 sale of a bumper. It is crazy. For something that was designed to fix THEIR design flaw, they really shouldn't stick it to us so hard with a $30 purchase. Yeah I know, whole free bumper thing blah blah blah. Still not the same as that was a limited timeframe and anyone buying now is still screwed.

16. jm5309 macrumors regular

Just got my order in today. Got every color except black, which I received free from Apple's case program. Put one on my phone today and can't tell a difference between these and the official bumper. So far, so good.

17. StinkyTofu macrumors newbie

These look awesome and are cheaper than Sw-box. My question is do these fit the verizon iphone4? Sw-box has a dedicated section for Verizon Iphone 4 cases.

18. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

Seconded! Anyone know?

19. kicko macrumors 65816

I received my Verizon version bumper last week and the vibrate cut out has the switch centered perfectly. I believe there might be enough space to work with both Verizon & AT&T.

Even with the non-Verizon bumpers you can easily take an xacto blade and cut the thin layer and make room for the switch. I have done it with 4 of them and it simple to do.

20. TEHi macrumors regular

I have a pair of these DX bumpers and yeah they are great...