Dying to buy a mac book pro! Should I buy, should I wait? HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Therespoxon, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Therespoxon macrumors newbie

I have been wanting to buy a mackbook pro for the last few months but I keep running into these rumours of a processor update. I havent been able to find any recent post since early March/10.

Can anyone help with some information or HELP?

I am in Canada and the ipad is not coming out till later this month. Do you think the update will come right after that, or months after that?

Would you wait or just bite the bullet?

Please I need some educated advice. I have never owned a mac before so I dont know if it would benefit me to wait or not?

HELP!!

THX

2. iamKamil macrumors member

iamKamil

stop reading tech articles and wait....this will help you be more patient.

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Switch from reading tech articles to reading some semi useful threads on here, for which there are plenty of on this topic

4. bluskale macrumors regular

if you can wait, they'll eventually release a new one. If you can't wait, then buy one now. If you have disposable income & time, buy now, buy later, and ebay the first one.

5. Therespoxon thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry guys I wasn't saying that I couldn't or wouldn't wait. I am just not completely up to date with mac and wanted to hear peoples opinions that own them.

Would you wait for the upgrade or do you think the current one is good enough. Just looking for personel opinions.

If this is a complete waste of you time you don't have to reply but would apreciate some advice.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

i won't do this since i have all the time in the world (well...up 'til around october), but honestly, you will probably be very happy if you just buy it now, enjoy it, and never look back about Apple releasing new ones in a couple of weeks.

7. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting..

honestly.. keep waiting only if you're the type of person that will hate yourself if new ones come out in a month or two after you buy. nobody knows what apple is planning to change, it could be very minor or something major.. so you'll either be extremely happy you bought one now or you'll regret it.

I'm pretty sure the new ones will bring some pretty decent updates, it will be more than just the processor.. so I recommend waiting if you can, I think you'll end up being much happier that way. especially if you have a computer to use in the mean time.

8. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I bought my MBP a couple months ago and love it. I know some people are fine with waiting longer but I don't regret my purchase. 100% happy with my choice :D.

9. twilightrose macrumors member

Cg on your machine :) I personally refuse to spend the kind of money they want for such old hardware, and unless these bring significant updates I'm personally going to wait for the sandy bridge macbook pros

10. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

Go here http://www.vevandi.com/ and buy your macbook at 80% list price and never second guess yourself. They are worth every penny.

11. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I strongly recommend waiting. There will be updates in the near future.

12. PAC88 macrumors 6502

like the other poster said.. the buyers guide is a good place to get a feel for things..
    the time between updates is already past 300 days.. and I highly highly doubt they will go over 365 on this type of product. So the next two months are looking pretty good for a new model.. I really hope i'm right.. I've been saying april 6th will be the day.. but we shall see how good my guessing is. They might be planning to catch all the first time apple users attention who bought ipads and feel like spending money right now.

13. ayale99 macrumors 6502

Vevandi sounded way to good to be true. A little research says that it's a scam! Do not buy from here! The prices are amazing, but... The catch is that you can only get the "special price" if you wire them the money. If you want to use Paypal, you have to pay full price! lol.

Hey Robb.Penoyer, take your spam elsewhere.

14. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

Hey man... I am completely unaffiliated with these guys. Not sure where you get your info, but I bought a machine from them last week using a visa. So, if you don't think a forum is the place to "share" the source of good deals, then we should agree to disagree.

15. illmatic715 macrumors newbie

Robb is that website legit? Because I don't think I'm waiting any longer for the 2010 macbook...

16. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

When I first found them, I first searched macrumors and found no references to them. So I sent them an email asking them to confirm the prices and that these were new factory sealed machines. They confirmed that. I ordered one online using paypal and my visa. It arrived 5 days later.

As far as my experience goes, they are legit. But, the comment earlier on this thread was the first time I had heard anyone else say anything about the site.

So, they are batting 50/50 on the "seller rating" system.

17. lcs101 macrumors regular

And you got the low advertised price using paypal?

18. M Powered macrumors regular

I just picked up a MBP 13" w/ 2.53ghz last week. Got it for 1200, regularly they are over 1400 :D

Even if the new one comes out I wouldn't care, it does what I need it to do, and does it very well. I have my PC for editing and games :)

19. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

What is this "machine" you got? Posters here always say what they got with all specs listed.
    How did you use paypal/visa when their policy states first time buyers must use western union?
    There has been discussion about this site
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100330224749AAFne3t

20. gup91 macrumors newbie

in the terms and conditions on this website it says they use paypal and accept all major credit cards, nowhere does it say anything about western union. they have the 2.53 13.3 mbp for 879...that's a steal!!!, is this legit or not

21. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

If you don't need a laptop right now, then wait a little longer. The refresh can't be that far away.

22. dkletter macrumors newbie

23. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

Page has been modified since I read it 4 hours ago.
    It's a steal alright.
    Goodluck

24. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

I bought a Bose Lifestyle V20. Listen, stop trying to beat me up --- I had a good experience, I passed it on. I think it's a good thing to post here. The mac prices are unbelievable, and worth investigating.