Dying to know! (LTE related)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wrathwitch, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Can you toggle the LTE off and on if you want to just use WiFi if you are at home and toggle it on when you want to leave your phone behind for a bit?

Anyone in Canada have this watch, and how are you finding it? LTE only please.

2. mck88 macrumors newbie

mck88

Yes. See below link. First button on upper left lets up switch off cellular

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206951

In the use case you describe you don't actually switch off the cellular. When your AW is near the phone or is in presence of known wifi it automatically switches off cellular to save power. At least that's what I understood from past discussions.

Hope this helps. All the best

3. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes it was helpful, thanks! NOw I just need to hear from Canadian users regarding satisfaction and battery etc :)

4. krazyleb macrumors member

I got one, have not been able to activate LTE yet because i'm on TELUS. But so far battery life is pretty good. I would say at least 50% better than my series 1.
    Wish I had LTE on so I can give you a better idea. Just need TELUS to get going on offering this...

5. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone. I decided to bite the bullet and went with the Note 8. It's a big, black, beautiful beast, and the nicest thing (although I really DID want the AW) is that when Canadian Carriers update all of their networks to Gigabit LTE, my phone will be able to make full use of it, vs being throttled to 600mbps that the new iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and likely the X will be due to the Intel Modem chips...

That really was the deciding factor. I guess I can pick up the new Garmin Vivoactive 3 when it comes out, not as pretty as AW, but pretty solid so far in reviews.