Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
I just bought (used) a 2007 macbook pro. In the listing, they didn't have any problems with the screen or video card listed. When I started it up, there was a white line going across the top. It is about an inch wide.

It went away. I assumed that maybe it was jostled while being at fedex. It reappeared yesterday and did a sort of screen saver thing. The bottom part of the screen it was doing a white spreading out over the bottom and progressively getting darker while the white line at the top get even whiter (if possible). You can't click anywhere in the gray/ black area, but when it goes back to whiteish section I can do returns but no clicks. I was eventually able to shut it down.

I started it up again and it reappeared but it then left. I do take my laptop around to work etc. Maybe it's temperature sensitive? Any ideas on what the heck it is so I can way if it is worth fixing?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.