Dynamic Desktop Ideas

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Internet Enzyme, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502

Internet Enzyme

I was thinking it would be cool if there would be dynamic desktops that adapted to the weather in your location. Perhaps it would be cool to have one that implements the phase of the moon. Maybe have some dynamic desktops that aren't based on location but maybe something like currently playing music. I don't know. The whole dynamic desktop thing is really cool, though. I'm sure there's a bunch of cool stuff you could do with it. Any cool ideas?

2. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

3. Internet Enzyme thread starter macrumors 6502

Internet Enzyme

The one with the dynamic weather shifting? Yeah I agree but it would be fairly complext to implement

4. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Works fine in the iPhone weather app? lol

5. Internet Enzyme thread starter macrumors 6502

Internet Enzyme

Im thinking an image like the mojave desert with a dynamically switching weather pattern meaning that all kinds of animated weather desktops have to be able to transition into each other seamlessly

6. TimothyR734 macrumors 6502a

TimothyR734

if you go to insanelymac someone made a moon dynamic heic

7. Internet Enzyme thread starter macrumors 6502

Internet Enzyme

8. afir93 macrumors 6502a

Nice! I also found one for Earth a while ago: https://itnext.io/macos-mojave-dynamic-wallpapers-ii-f8b1e55c82f

When Mojave releases, we definitely should make a Wiki post or something for third-party dynamic wallpapers. It's a bit of a shame that Apple only offers us two at the moment, but I'd love to see what people will come up with. There are a lot of 24h time-lapse videos of famous locations, buildings and landscapes on the web that should serve as a good foundation for creating these.

9. Internet Enzyme, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

Internet Enzyme thread starter macrumors 6502

Internet Enzyme

Yeah, it would be great if apple were to release some kind of droplet for combining 16 pngs into one heif file with the requisite xml metadata for dynamic desktop images because the current method of creating dynamic desktops is arduous

10. airlied macrumors 6502

airlied

A dynamic desktop shows how hot mojave desert is based on your CPU tempreture.

11. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. So that desktop would be the same nearly all year.... A bright, hot sunny day. It rarely rains, it never snows, there is no spring and fall only lasts about 2 days.