All iPads Dynamic wallpapers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adamj575, Jan 6, 2014.

1. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

How much if any does the dynamic wallpapers effect the battery life of an ipad air? I usually like to squeeze every little bit of battery life out of my devices but I'm tempted to try out the feature...is it noticeable?

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It's probably not a lot by itself but you do like wringing out every percent of battery so I wouldn't use it. The parallax effect is cool enough, IMO.

3. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

What about performance? Would you think that would be noticible?

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

I doubt it would affect performance much, as it won't be visible when you're using an app.

As far as battery life, yes it would use additional power but it might be so minimal that you wouldn't notice. Try it out and play with it but if you notice your battery draining faster than turn it off. You're certainly not going to wear out your battery buy using it for a couple of days.

5. adamj575 thread starter macrumors 6502

adamj575

Lol, yeah I know you're right and that's what I'm doing, just trying it out...I don't know why I stress over that crap...I just feel like I'm getting cheated by losing the battery, whether I need it or not...I also use reduce motion on my iPhone for the same reason!...I would hate to get to about 2% and think to myself if I'd had the bells and whistles off I might have 10%...prolly sounds stupid but I can't help myself haha

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

It doesn't take much battery at all and will not take up performance as it is just a small animation...I would imagine that having the new ipad with the m7 coprocessor for motion also helps with this!

7. bobright macrumors 601

Are you talking about the Redcpuce motion effect? Does the RM kill battery?