Dynamic Walpaper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleMan2015, Oct 4, 2015.

1. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

Hey guys... So I just got the iPhone 6s. I was wondering if there was any dynamic wallpaper besides the apple defaults?

Maybe sites or just pure downloads - I know you can take a live picture, but I was kinda hoping for something beyond just regular photos.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

unfortunately no on the Dynamic wallpapers

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't think there are any sites offering live wallpapers yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

4. wakinghour macrumors regular

Custom dynamic wallpaper's biggest limitation is the iPhone 6S's video sensor.

If they let us convert cinema camera footage in the iPhone app the possibilities will be endless.

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Live wallpapers and dynamic wallpapers are not the same thing..... OP is asking about dynamic wallpapers.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

I could be mistaken but the the OP seems to be mixing up dynamic and live. I assumed he/she was referring to live pictures as mentioned in the actual body of the post.

7. AppleMan2015 thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

I guess I am mixing it up... Basically the new phone 6s has the capability to have the wallpaper with motion when you hold it on the lock screen. That's what I was looking for but not Apple default ones.

8. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

I want the ability to select "automatically live" wallpaper. In other words, it goes/stays in motion, without having to press and hold the screen. Imagine having a wave crashing, as your lock screen wallpaper...

9. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

That's what I'm hoping too. Feels like that was a no-brainer as they did that with the watch. Maybe it's to push the 3D Touch feature and make people remember it's there or something since they can only see the motion by pressing the screen, idk I'd like to think the ability to have it always in motion is coming.

10. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

Yes, me too. I have to believe that is not only possible, but in the back of Apple's corporate mind. Maybe they are concerned about the effect on battery life?

Here's to hoping we see it in an iOS update, soon!

11. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

The only hardware limitation I could think of is they didn't do it because the watch has an OLED display. Still think it should be an option just with a warning that it *may* have an effect on battery life like they do with Hey Siri and whatnot.

12. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

Yep, I agree with you. And knowing Apple, they would put logic in the software to minimize the effect on battery life.

I don't have a 6S/6S Plus yet, but I can't help but think the current instantiation of the Live Photo background feature will feel gimmicky very quickly. I may surprise myself, but I have a hard time believing I'll spend much time pressing down on the lock screen image all that much (to engage the Live Photo feature). Within the Photos app, I may feel differently.