Dynamic Walpaper?

AppleMan2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Hey guys... So I just got the iPhone 6s. I was wondering if there was any dynamic wallpaper besides the apple defaults?

Maybe sites or just pure downloads - I know you can take a live picture, but I was kinda hoping for something beyond just regular photos.

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
Hey guys... So I just got the iPhone 6s. I was wondering if there was any dynamic wallpaper besides the apple defaults?

Maybe sites or just pure downloads - I know you can take a live picture, but I was kinda hoping for something beyond just regular photos.

unfortunately no on the Dynamic wallpapers

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

I don't think there are any sites offering live wallpapers yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

wakinghour

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
Custom dynamic wallpaper's biggest limitation is the iPhone 6S's video sensor.

If they let us convert cinema camera footage in the iPhone app the possibilities will be endless.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I don't think there are any sites offering live wallpapers yet but it's probably only a matter of time.
Custom dynamic wallpaper's biggest limitation is the iPhone 6S's video sensor.

If they let us convert cinema camera footage in the iPhone app the possibilities will be endless.
Live wallpapers and dynamic wallpapers are not the same thing..... OP is asking about dynamic wallpapers.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Live wallpapers and dynamic wallpapers are not the same thing..... OP is asking about dynamic wallpapers.
I could be mistaken but the the OP seems to be mixing up dynamic and live. I assumed he/she was referring to live pictures as mentioned in the actual body of the post.

AppleMan2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
I could be mistaken but the the OP seems to be mixing up dynamic and live. I assumed he/she was referring to live pictures as mentioned in the actual body of the post.
I guess I am mixing it up... Basically the new phone 6s has the capability to have the wallpaper with motion when you hold it on the lock screen. That's what I was looking for but not Apple default ones.

ScottC7

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
I want the ability to select "automatically live" wallpaper. In other words, it goes/stays in motion, without having to press and hold the screen. Imagine having a wave crashing, as your lock screen wallpaper...

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I want the ability to select "automatically live" wallpaper. In other words, it goes/stays in motion, without having to press and hold the screen. Imagine having a wave crashing, as your lock screen wallpaper...
That's what I'm hoping too. Feels like that was a no-brainer as they did that with the watch. Maybe it's to push the 3D Touch feature and make people remember it's there or something since they can only see the motion by pressing the screen, idk I'd like to think the ability to have it always in motion is coming.

ScottC7

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
That's what I'm hoping too. Feels like that was a no-brainer as they did that with the watch. Maybe it's to push the 3D Touch feature and make people remember it's there or something since they can only see the motion by pressing the screen, idk I'd like to think the ability to have it always in motion is coming.
Yes, me too. I have to believe that is not only possible, but in the back of Apple's corporate mind. Maybe they are concerned about the effect on battery life?

Here's to hoping we see it in an iOS update, soon!

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Yes, me too. I have to believe that is not only possible, but in the back of Apple's corporate mind. Maybe they are concerned about the effect on battery life?

Here's to hoping we see it in an iOS update, soon!
The only hardware limitation I could think of is they didn't do it because the watch has an OLED display. Still think it should be an option just with a warning that it *may* have an effect on battery life like they do with Hey Siri and whatnot.

ScottC7

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Orbiting Planet Apple
The only hardware limitation I could think of is they didn't do it because the watch has an OLED display. Still think it should be an option just with a warning that it *may* have an effect on battery life like they do with Hey Siri and whatnot.
Yep, I agree with you. And knowing Apple, they would put logic in the software to minimize the effect on battery life.

I don't have a 6S/6S Plus yet, but I can't help but think the current instantiation of the Live Photo background feature will feel gimmicky very quickly. I may surprise myself, but I have a hard time believing I'll spend much time pressing down on the lock screen image all that much (to engage the Live Photo feature). Within the Photos app, I may feel differently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.