E-book Reader

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRaynor SK, Oct 3, 2015.

1. iRaynor SK macrumors regular

iRaynor SK

Hello,

if you are reading books on iPad, which e-book reader is your favorite? I need to open e-pub and PDF format too.

Thx

2. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

epub with Marvin and PDF with Goodreader.

3. beebarb macrumors 6502

beebarb

I used to just use iBooks, until around the time of OS X 10.9 and the introduction of the seperate iBooks app, lead to manual sync breaking for the iBooks iOS app.

Now, I'm kinda looking for a replacement that allows me to add my books manually again.
    I use goodreader for the PDFs, but I haven't found one for EPUB that I like yet.

4. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I also find that iBooks/iTunes syncing problems (constant re-sync of all books) was painful enough that I tried Marvin. And while I don't like some aspects of Marvin - I REALLY like the idea to turn your reading display to warmer colors at night. That's a huge plus for me...

5. konjecture, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

konjecture macrumors newbie

If you have lot's of technical books (like in Mathematics), and if some of them are in DjVu format then the best ebook reader which reads DjVu files (along with everything else) is KyBook. However, if you don't have any DjVu's then there are other reader apps. But for me KyBook does the job for everything.

6. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I do more reading on my Nexus 7 due to the more suitable format (I find the Air 2 a little large for e-book reading), but my favorite iOS reader would be Marvin. The developer seems to have dropped the ball a bit, and Calbire syncing doesn't seem to be working in iOS 9, but feature-wise I really like it. iBooks is rather inflexible with few customization features.

7. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I use pdfexpert for reading pdfs. It has a nice interface, and scrolls pdf documents vertically. Another pdf reader that also has that feature is iAnnotate.

8. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I've been looking for a good djvu reader. This one looks nice and has a 30 day trial period. Thanks for the recommendation.

9. jojoba macrumors 68000

These for me as well.

10. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I should add that I use Marvin only for ePub e-books. For PDFs, I'm a fan of the already mentioned GoodReader.

11. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Bluefire have been my app that see use besides iBooks for years. It's ok, when iBooks have issues often bluefire works showing how I want to read the book. Will have to check out the mentioned titles as it has been some time I looked at alternative apps.

12. iRaynor SK thread starter macrumors regular

iRaynor SK

Hello all!

I have chosen Bluefire Reader :)

Thanks all

Lukas