E-books and Apple.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by igmolinav, Feb 27, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

I own an ibook and an ipod. I don't own an iphone yet. However, I have plans to get one, and it would also be nice to have a new Mac Book.

For me, it would be so cool to be able to download and read a book in an Apple computer or in another device like the ipod or the iphone.

Is that something in your view that we´ll be able to do in the near future with an Apple product, or will we need to buy a device like kindle ??

Thank you,

igmolinav

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Didn't you start another thread about the same thing?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=443432

The fact is that manufacturers of e-books- be it the kindle, or the Sony Reader have their own stores where they are promoting their own filetype of e-books. At amazon, in order to get one of their e-books, and be able to read it, you will need a kindle. Same thing with the Sony store (whatever it is called now). Most of the more interesting devices like the Iliad, for example are based on the fact that e-books can also be found in a PDF format. As such, you would have no issues reading the PDF on your iBook, and reading PDFs on your iPod, I assume is only a matter of software (although why you would want to strain your eyes and read off a 2.5" screen, or even 3.5" like the iPhone is beyond me).

3. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey Lovesong,

Thank you for your message. I checked out the Illiad very briefly. So briefly that I don't know if it plays music or does any other thing. I just think, it would be cool for a number of people to have a similar device, (to the Illiad), in which you can read a book, listen to your music and perhaps do other things as well. I think i would be able to manage with a screen the size of an iphone.

Kind regards,

igmolinav