e-ink: What a MARVELLOUS invention!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iphonepiephone, Jul 23, 2011.

1. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

Hi to all and sundry! :)

I recently purchased an Amazon Kindle, and after having owned it two weeks, my subconscious mind has finally stopped reminding me "it's a SCREEN! it's a SCREEN!", and I am now able to absorb the content of the book, without being constantly distracted by the fact that I am holding a simply astounding slice of technology, and not a paperback book.

There's SO much to say about e-ink, and I just don't know where to start. I can honestly say, that in all my years using computers, phones, iPads, iPhones etc, I have to say that e-ink is THE easiest on the eye of all of them, and also possibly the most innovative... because it looks analogous to ink on paper, NOT electronic in appearance, whatsoever!

I'm SO excited, and I now love my Kindle, and although I know it will NEVER replace paper (or at least I truly hope it won't!), it certainly has a purpose, and what a wonderful invention :D

Guys... girls... if you have yet to try one, or are put off, SERIOUSLY, don't be - these things are breathtakingly beautiful to the point where it actually looks like paper.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Maybe the "pages" have faux water-marks?? :rolleyes:

4. iphonepiephone thread starter macrumors regular

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I love reading on my Kindle 3, the screen is wonderful.