E-mail alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ks-man, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Is there anyway to turn off e-mail alerts (sound and vibrate) during specific times of the day?

I like having the alerts on during the day but I don't need my phone to ding 10 times throughout the night. I do need to leave the volume on though b/c I do get some important calls in the middle of the night.

It is a real pain to turn off the alerts every night and then have to turn them on during the day but I haven't figured out any other way.

I'd have to imagine that somebody else thought of this before. Thanks.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't think that there is any other way to do what you want. Although, I've gotten emails in the middle of the night and never heard them. It only sounds once per email and I sleep right through it. You must be a light sleeper. ;)

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i dont know of any apps that do this (doubt there is yet) but i know that you can't set alert times on the iphone alone. sorry bud :(

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

also this is why you never register for anything with your primary email, cause you will get a million crap emails a day.

that is what i use hotmail for..all the crap:p

5. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

even better than this, i think, would be if you could set the hours in which the iphone would either check for messages, or be pushed messages.

ie. i would set my phone to recieve/check email from 7.30am-11pm, outside of these times the iphone would not recieve/check, unless manually prompted.

i think this would help to prolong battery life as well. even a 2 year old nokia has this function! :)

6. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

good idea, although i like mine to be on all the time, but still a good idea. that way you could just not have it check durring sleepy time hours

7. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

would be pretty simple to implement both! i think i could even knock up an apple like solution with 5 min in interface builder...

8. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does Apple listen to the suggestions that come through or is it unlikely that they would put this in just because a few people ask for it?

9. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

lol who knows!?

i think generally apple tells us how things should be done ;)