E-mail app freezes after opening?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wope, Oct 14, 2011.

1. wope macrumors member

Anyone else have this issue? Usually the first time I open the mail app, it'll freeze if I try to open a different message than the one it initially shows. Most of the time, if I kill the app and re-load, it works like it should. This is really annoying, and did not start until after iOS 5 - anyone have any ideas / fixes?

Thanks.

2. AirForceOne macrumors member

I have my email app receiving gmail set up thru exchange so as to get them pushed instantly. It all started when I noticed I was getting my emails... I opened the email app and it was blank, no emails, nothing. It finally crashed and when I opened it again it loaded everything and I started getting my Gmails again. It's only happened the one time so far.

3. wope thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, interesting. Very similar to whats happening to me. Sometimes, it freezes before it displays any message, which sounds like what you're describing about it being blank. One of my accounts is also Gmail getting pushed through exchange.

4. dyew1tness macrumors newbie

the same thing is happening to me and I also have Gmail as an Exchance email. The App just freezes and I dont get any mail until I enter Mail App and it crashes.

Anyone any ideas :/ ??