E-Mail from ATT: "Let's Talk About Your New iPhone..."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nospinguy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. nospinguy macrumors newbie

Subject line of "Let's Talk About Your New iPhone" gets me very excited. I open it to see:

[​IMG]

They are thanking me for my 3G that was purchased in 2008.

FWIW, I ordered my iP4 on the 15th at 3est through ATT. Still shows ordered, not shipped (has never shown backordered).

CSR on phone earlier today told me to expect shipping information soon.

Anyone else get this? It's like this email was supposed to be sent after I got my iP4, but it was erroneously sent now, thus showing that my current phone is the 3G....

This just keeps getting better!

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Wait, AT&T is not on top of something? :rolleyes:

LOL at the email

3. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That means they are sending you a shiny new 3G phone. :p

6. jmike314 macrumors member

Got the same email about 9pm CST.

However, my AT&T order status went "SHIPPED" earlier this morning.

7. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I got one too but it was more generic and no mention of any iphone. Anybody else had problems with ATT and switching email info. I get different notices on different accounts? They are going to be overrun this thursday!:eek:

8. gotosleep! macrumors newbie

I just got this email too. In the big blown up poster ad thingy it says "thanks for staying with us" so I think it's AT&T's automatic acknowledgement of our upgrade and it just happens to say "thanks for buying the 3G" instead of iP4.

Btw, I ordered through apple on June 15 10:30 AM PST, status went from "not shipped" to "prepared to shipment" and then back to "not yet shipped" on June 20th. still says not yet shipped :(

9. MissyD macrumors member

Hmmm, I reserved from Apple so I didn't get a message like that. However, if one came through I'd probably delete it as fast as I could because the picture scared the stuffing outta me. Almost as bad as the picture of the KK girl in the First Camper thread. :)

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I got one of those over a week ago. It said it was for my new 3G but I activated a 2G iPhone last week in iTunes. I think they just keep sending those out no matter what iPhone you have.

11. Goldielocks19 macrumors member

Goldielocks19

got one too lol, mine is saying 3gs lol no worries cause my tracking says iphone4!

12. davpel macrumors member

Got one tonight myself. It says something to the effect of "We hope you are enjoying your new Samsung Blackjack"!!!! The Blackjack is my interim phone to get me from the 3GS to the 4. I've been using it for the past few weeks since selling my 3GS. It's hysterical that AT&T still has tips and recommendations for this 4+ year old phone!

13. Hakushox macrumors member

Same here, I was shocked at 1st. I had to go check my order info to make sure I ordered the right thing.