Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

socorose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I'm a newish iphone user on Verizon and this is quite possibly a dumb/obvious question, but is there a way to get email notifications on the lock screen? I get notifications/bubbles for text messages, as well as facebook and twitter, but when my phone is "off", I only get a sound alert for new e-mails, and no visual alert or summary on the lock screen. Is there any app or feature I'm missing that would allow me to get some kind of email notification on the lock screen (this would also be especially helpful when the phone is on silent).

Thanks so much!

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
I wanted the same concept, so I jb the phone and paid $8 for an app called lockinfo that shows exactly what I need on my lock screen. I believe intelliscreen is another app.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Coming from the android platform back to iOS (work has cut off email access to android phones) I miss that feature of android.

I'm enjoying some of the benefits of iOS, but android's notification system was better. I enjoyed seeing the notification that I had emails without unlocking my phone.

socorose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
ahh what a bummer...i was sure there was something I was missing... i had a blackberry before my iphone and while I like almost everything about the iphone way more, the blackberry had really good email notifications.

thanks anyways..

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
can't you just get an app that sends a push notification of your email? it would appear on the lock screen as does all push notifications. Theres a few for gmail and i know IM+ has this feature for any accounts added.

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would suggest an app like pushmail if you aren't interested in jailbreaking your iPhone, or as others have said lockinfo if you don't mind jailbreaking.

socorose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
thanks for the responses! i dont want to/know how to jailbreak my phone, but i think it might be worth buying pushmail!

do the pushmail bubbles just tell you that you've got mail on the lock screen, or do they show actual info from emails (sender/subject)?

thanks!

bizfox

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
thanks for the responses! i dont want to/know how to jailbreak my phone, but i think it might be worth buying pushmail!

do the pushmail bubbles just tell you that you've got mail on the lock screen, or do they show actual info from emails (sender/subject)?

thanks!

Pushmail has notification options for you to choose. You can even include the body of the email if you so wish. For me, I just pick "Date, Sender, and Subject" to keep everything uncluttered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.