E-mail querie?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jonzjob, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jonzjob macrumors newbie

I am new to Macs and have just noticed that an e-mail that I have just sent has a small thumbnail photo of myself in the top right hand corner of the mail. It is in the same bar as the address, etc. I have tried to find out how to remove it but can't find any way to do so? I only noticed it when I had a look in my sent mail folder and have no idea as to how long it has been sending the photo?

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

It's not actually being sent in the e-mail so rest assured ;)

Should you still want to remove it, go to the Address Book app and remove the picture from your entry.

3. MacKeeper-fan macrumors member

MacKeeper-fan

Mail automatically adorns your messages with the picture that you’ve set as your user-account picture. So all you need to do is change your account picture (System Preferences > Accounts > username > Picture), and Address Book will immediately start using the new picture on your personal card, as will Mail on your messages. To remove the picture rather than change it, open Address Book and select your personal card, then from the menubar select Card > Clear Custom Image. Now the system will use Apple’s generic user picture in the login window and System Preferences’ Accounts pane. Mail and Address Book will remain blank until you designate a new picture in Address Book or System Preferences > Accounts.