E-Mail Question on iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by techguy20, Oct 3, 2011.

1. techguy20 macrumors 6502

I'm planning to pick up a new iPhone when they are released in the next week or so, my first one, though I own an iPad 2.

Email is one of the most important features on my phone, which is why I current have a BlackBerry.

A few months ago, I made a switch to Android, but soon returned to BlackBerry due to instability on the network and some weird email glitches.

I'm hoping that the iPhone doesn't also have this issue:

On the Android, if I opened an email in an area with NO service, and deleted the email, it would delete temporarily but re-appear as a new message when I returned to a coverage area. That got quite annoying as I kept having to delete the same emails over and over again.

Has anyone heard of or had this issue with either the Android or can confirm that it does not happen on iOS?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That is an account issue, not an Android/iOS issue. You probably have an IMAP account ; that is exactly the behavior you would expect from an IMAP account.