Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
My fellow iphone users:

Does anyone else find is strange/sad that here we are in 2013 and we have to find hacks just to put some color into our e-mails?

Does anyone else find it strange in 2013 that people think others want to see colors and Wingdings in their email signatures?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Doesn't seem to work on iOS7, for me anyway. I wanted this in honor of iOS7.

Sent from my iPhone

EDIT. It worked. iOS7 shows "Undo change attribute" with UNDO or CANCEL under it...I thought "Undo change attribute" was a button, but you can't tap it. Turns out "Undo change attribute" isn't a grayed out option, it's just the title of the 2 options. iOS7's poor button markings strikes again.

Last edited:

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Works like a champ, but it also makes all addresses, cities, phone numbers & URLs hyperlinked & I can't figure out how to remove that.

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
This worked very well to get my signature font size to not me huge. It only works if you are pasting rich text that is automatically having its attributes changed.

The Mrs.

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
Suburgatory
Doesn't seem to work on iOS7, for me anyway. I wanted this in honor of iOS7.

Sent from my iPhone

EDIT. It worked. iOS7 shows "Undo change attribute" with UNDO or CANCEL under it...I thought "Undo change attribute" was a button, but you can't tap it. Turns out "Undo change attribute" isn't a grayed out option, it's just the title of the 2 options. iOS7's poor button markings strikes again.

Thanks for clarifying. It worked for me and I stole your siggy 'cause it's AWESOME.

codemancmc

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
This is amazing, thanks for the tip.

Any ideas on how to prevent phone numbers and addresses from coming up as links? This is helpful for phone users but annoying/ugly if you open the email in outlook.

Pbararia

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2013
Awesome

That was simply awesome buddy was hunting all over the web for something like this
I wanted to share something which I believe most people are unaware of regarding email signatures and changing the font color of the text. I wanted to match my email signature as it appears when I send an email through Microsoft outlook from my PC at work. Well I searched and searched for ways to change the font color and add it to my email with no luck. When I pasted the text in the signature box it would default to black in color. Well after I pasted the text in black, instead of deleting it, I shook the phone to undo the entire paste and instead of saying undo typing, the phone said undo change attributes. I selected that option and for some reason the font reverted to the colored version I was actually wanting and did not delete it. I tried several things before this and was almost to the point of giving up. I have attached some screen shots of the phone. Hope this helps someone out!

aquinn

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013
I wanted to share something which I believe most people are unaware of regarding email signatures and changing the font color of the text. I wanted to match my email signature as it appears when I send an email through Microsoft outlook from my PC at work. Well I searched and searched for ways to change the font color and add it to my email with no luck. When I pasted the text in the signature box it would default to black in color. Well after I pasted the text in black, instead of deleting it, I shook the phone to undo the entire paste and instead of saying undo typing, the phone said undo change attributes. I selected that option and for some reason the font reverted to the colored version I was actually wanting and did not delete it. I tried several things before this and was almost to the point of giving up. I have attached some screen shots of the phone. Hope this helps someone out!

sik08amg - you, sir, are brilliant!
thanks ever so much!

hydro94530

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2015
Had no idea you could do this either. Thanks OP and also thanks to those who bumped it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.